Congratulations on making the first cut! The only thing standing between you and your first day of veterinary school is an interview. For many people, the thought of interviewing makes them sick. Relax, it does not have to be that way. With proper preparation, you can distinguish yourself from other applicants and secure a place in the incoming class.
“How To Interview For Veterinary College” is a guide written by Dr. Kristen L. Nelson, a veterinarian who was accepted into the University of Minnesota on her first try. The guide may be purchased for $15.99 US and covers the following areas:
- A general explanation of the interview process, admission committee structure and the strategies they employ
- How to handle anxiety
- What to expect in the waiting room
- Sample interview questions arranged in general categories
- A list of questions you can use to impress the interview committee
- Tips for effective communication
- A list of don’ts
- Specific action steps for preparation broken down into the following time slots: One month prior, One week prior, Day before interview, Day of interview and Thirty minutes before interview
I sincerely wish you success and a lifetime of fulfillment in the veterinary profession!
P.S. Please provide your feedback and success stories to me at the email address listed below.